Sunday, March 31, 2013

Vase of Flowers

I made this card for the challenge at Joan's Garden's.  This really gave me fits yesterday but this morning it all came together and I'm pretty happy with it. The rules are * Use some kind of container. * Fill it with flowers. * Use yellow, green and orange. * You must use something sold at Joan's Gardens on your card. * You can enter three cards. My vase is the Memory Box Classic egg, I nipped off the top and used that for the bottom, then ran it through the folder Basketweave by Spellbinder's. The flowers are Prim Poppy, Fuchsia Sprig,  and Dancing Tulips all by Memory Box. The doily is French Pastry by Cheery Lynn. the ovals that I used as filler are the petals from the Bubble Daisy Border from Memory Box. All of this was bought at Joan's Gardens. I added liquid pearls and stickles around on the card as filler. I think I might have also gotten the background paper at Joan's but not real sure since it was just laying in my stash. Love Joan's store and friendly service and just charging what it costs her to ship us our new toys and of course the challenges that get me out of my comfort zone. Thanks for stopping by. Sharon

4 comments:

  1. So cute... love that basket weave EF. It adds so much texture and dimension to the card, and your idea of altering the egg shape turned out great. Perfect card for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, Great job on your beautful card. I love your vase! Great idea on using the doily behind the flowers ad it really makes them show up.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challege.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, a very pretty and happy spring card! Love all your lovely flowers!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you've been making some great cards lately. Been under the weather a bit, so I'm trying to get caught on my commenting.

    ReplyDelete