Friday, October 19, 2012

Merry Christmas Skaters

I made this for the Joan's Garden Weekly Challenge #38. The rules are *Create a card showing your favorite winter past time (i.e. making a snowman, going for a sleigh ride, going skiing, ect.) I don't skate but love watching others skate, hope this counts. *Use black embossing. I used black embossing on the Merry Christmas. * Use a frame. Did that. * Create something that is dimensional. Poinsettia. Okay got all the boxes checked.lol. I used the Lovely as a Tree in the background, the skaters from the set Winter Post both from Stampin Up. The oval is a Spellbinder's Classic Oval. The frame is Polynesian Sails Oval by Cheery Lynn. The poinsettia is called Layered Poinsettia by Spellbinders. I added stickles for the ice and a yellow pearl in the center of the poinsettia. The background paper is from Gina K. Designs. Thanks for stopping by. Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, this is stunning. Great job on it all. I love it!
    Thanks so much for joining us for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,

    Love your card - it is very cute.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon you did a great job with our challenge. I love how you added the trees in the background. Your card is gorgeous. I'm like you, don't know how to skate but love to watch others do it. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Sharon, such a beautiful poinsettia, just stunning. And I love that frame, so elegant looking!!
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete